Excited About Vet Med? Join Dr. Brenda in Her Mission Today!
Current Job Opening:
At Home Veterinary Care is a mobile veterinary service with a single veterinarian who is seeking a dedicated full-time or part-time assistant. This isn’t your typical vet assistant job: you will work at the veterinarian’s residence but also travel with the doctor to the homes of local pet owners to assist with various routine care, wellness checks, vaccinations, and euthanasia. You’ll also be responsible for the administrative part of the job—answering the phone, setting up appointments, handling computer input, taking payments, helping educate clients, and more.
- Pay range is $15-20/ hour, paid weekly
- Autonomy: you will be an independent contractor
- Somewhat flexible regular hours: M, W, Th, F 8:30 am-7:00 pm
- Can work around college class schedules - no weekends!
- Generous employee pet care discount – some services at no charge
- Continuing education opportunities and stipend up to $500
- Company shirts and jackets
- Mentoring and exceptional learning opportunities
- Fast-paced, dynamic workdays with downtime for administrative duties
- A work situation where once you have established yourself, you will not only be a valued employee, but a trusted friend
- Some animal care experience preferred, but will train the right person
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys client education & interaction
- Eager to learn
- Tactful and compassionate
- Physically fit: able to lift up to 70 lbs., and climb 3-4 flights of stairs
- Computer literate
You should also be someone who loves pets, but who is not afraid of fearful or aggressive animals and confident in handling them. When called to a home we often find ourselves attempting to catch reluctant cats from difficult places and to provide care for dogs that aren’t socialized with people other than their owners. You need to be ok with that.
Please complete the form below and submit your resume and cover letter.
If you have no prior work history but are excited about vet med and mentorship, please apply! Dr. Brenda is a hands-on, energetic, mobile vet looking for someone to accompany her on her house calls and assist with her day-to-day responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity with lots of learning!
Even with little-to-no experience, we’d love to see a formal resume and cover letter so we can learn more about you.
Please include three non-related references as well.